About SCUPI 学院简介
Sichuan University - Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI) is an academic entity jointly established by the University of Pittsburgh (Pitt) in the U.S. and Sichuan University (SCU) in China. Officially approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of China in March 2014, SCUPI is one of the five institute-scale collaborative programs between leading universities in the U.S. and China. SCUPI stands out for its technical focus on advanced and sustainable manufacturing and offers three undergraduate majors in Industrial Engineering (IE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Materials Science and Engineering (MSE). The curricula at SCUPI is based on Pitt’s Swanson School of Engineering’s core curriculum and they are instructed in English. The first class of SCUPI started in fall, 2015.
Job Opening 招聘岗位
Academic Administrator (1)
Employment Location 工作地点
Jiang’an Campus, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Position Description 岗位描述
The Academic Administrator provides academic and administrative support to SCUPI. During the interaction with faculty, staff and students from the Institute, Sichuan University, and the University of Pittsburgh, the academic administrator plays an active and supportive role in providing academic-related services and consultations and administrative support for Institute-wide projects.
Duties and Responsibilities 主要职责
• Act as an interface between the Institute, Sichuan University, and the University of Pittsburgh in addressing academic issues or providing academic information
• Prepare class scheduling, coordinate classrooms, and curriculum support
• Provide counseling service regarding academic affairs and study abroad programs
• Coordinate faculty and staff members’ academic-related activities
• Keep track on students' academic performance by collecting, analyzing and reviewing data and generate academic report accordingly
• Take a lead in Teaching Assistant recruiting, training, management, and evaluation
• Work collaboratively with other team members on special projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Education, Public Relation, Communications or other related fields, oversea diploma or working/intern experience from an English speaking country preferred
• High level of English proficiency in both speaking and writing
• 1-3 years of experience in providing administrative assistance is a plus
• Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented, diverse environment
• Knowledgeable in American university education system
• Superb team player & multitasking ability
优秀的团队协作能力 & 多任务处理能力
Application Procedures 招聘流程
Interested applicants are welcome to apply.
(1) A resume, (2) a cover letter which outlines applicant’s professional goals and specific position(s) interested, and (3) three professional references (no need to provide reference letters) with telephone numbers or email addresses (if available), can be sent to email@example.com
Please entitle your email as the following format: 2019Application_JobTitle_Your Name (E.g., 2019Application_ Academic Administrator_Amy Lin).
Qualified candidates will be invited for both phone interview and onsite interview on a rolling basis at Sichuan University. All employments will be located at Sichuan University campus in Chengdu, China. Please be noted that application documents in Chinese won’t be accepted.
Application Due: January 5th, 2020
Office Address: 2nd Floor, Zone 4, Liberal Arts Building, Jiang'an Campus, Sichuan University
Welcome to SCUPI!